Thenesoya Vidina Martín De la Nuez is currently working as a Visiting Instructor at the Department of Hispanic Studies at Vassar College, New York, while finishing her Ph.D. at the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures at Harvard University (Expected 2019).
She was born and raised in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, but has spent most of her adult life in Madrid, where she worked in press (El Mundo). Thenesoya holds an M.A. and B.A. in Comparative Literature at Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, and a B.A. degree in Hispanic Philology at the Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, with a year at the Università Degli Studi di Torino, Italy. While pursuing her PhD, she created the cultural project CISLANDERUS, about the Canarian immigration to the United States.
- PhD Candidate, Department of Romance Languages and Literatures, Harvard University (expected 2019).
- 2012 MA, Romance Languages and Literatures, Harvard University.
- 2009 MA Literary Studies, Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- 2008, BA Comparative Literature, Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- 2004 BA Hispanic Philology, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.